Office for Research Creates New Training Office

Hi, my name is Mike Lasky and I’m the Office for Research’s new Manger of Training & Development. This unit was created to take the lead in developing a comprehensive and collaborative training program across OR units. I will bring together training specialists to support the OR units in creating and managing their training and provide resources to enhance and build more comprehensive training across all OR units.

The plan is to make research-related training, training information, and other resources more available, organized, and accessible. I am in the process of conducting an inventory of the research-related training currently available and am also looking to peer institutions to find opportunities for improvement. A new OR training website is also in the works which will be a warehouse for all things related to research training and development.

As I develop the vision and staffing for this new office, my initial focus and outreach is internal to OR, but soon we will be asking for continued input from the research administration community on how to better serve the schools, departments, and research units across the University. I hope that NURAP and its members will be a great resource for me and this office as we all work together to support and facilitate Northwestern research and I hope to get to meet many of you soon.

By: Mike Lasky, Manger of Training & Development, Office for Research